Grand Fantasia is a 3D Fantasy MMORPG developed by X-Legend, the same folks who made HolyBeast Online. Like HolyBeast, Grand Fantasia is a brightly themed game with anime-inspired graphics. Perhaps the most unique aspect of the game is its detailed ‘Sprite’ pet system. Fans of cute anime inspired games like Luna Online and Fiesta Online should certainly be able to find something to like in Grand Fantasia – but even though the game has fluid gameplay and attractive graphics, it does little to push the genre forward. Even though the game doesn’t exactly revolutionize the genre, Grand Fantasia is still a high quality free MMO that’s well worth checking out. Players start off their journey in Grand Fantasia as a classless novice and can chose their first class at level 5. The game’s first four job advancements are:
Fighter – Fighters are all around capable melee characters with a large pool of hitpoints. They can use the heaviest armor in the game which makes them excellent for absorbing damage. Fighters become ‘Warriors’ at level 15 and can become either ‘Paladins’ or ‘Berserkers’ at level 30.
Hunters – Hunters are an agile damage dealing class. They can use both bows and dual weapons to defeat their enemies. Hunters become Archers at level 15 and can become either ‘Assassins’ or ‘Rangers’ at level 30.
Acolyte – Acolytes are the primary ‘supportive’ class in Grand Fantasia. They can cast both healing and buff type spells – which make them incredibly useful in any group. Acolytes become priests at level 15 and can become either ‘Clerics’ or ‘Sages’ at level 30.
Spellcaster – Spellcasters are the primary offensive magic users in the game. They can cast powerful spells to quickly defeat their enemies. They are also one of the most fragile classes in the game, as they tend to have the least hitpoints and defense in the game. Spellcasters become Mages at level 15 and can become either ‘Wizards’ or ‘Necromancers’ at level 30.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Dec 01, 2009
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: X Legend
- Publisher: Aeria Games
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, RPG, Fantasy
- Platforms: PC
Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Unique 'Sprite' pet system.
- +Many different kinds of mounts (Flying and regular).
- +Solid character customization options.
- -Generic fantasy theme.
- -PvP only available at level 21+.
- -Repetitive musical score.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows (R) 98/XP/2000/Vista/7
- CPU: 2.6 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent
- RAM: 1 GB
- GPU: nVidia GeForce FX 5700 / ATI Radeon X 1600
- HDD: 2 GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- Prove Your Fighting Fortitude in Two New Warface Game Modes
- Get set for a double dose of fresh shooter action as two brand new game modes come to Crytek's free online FPS, Warface, today.
- Tactical Intervention - First Impressions
- The game is best known for being developed by Minh Le, aka Gooseman, one of the original creators of Counter-Strike.
- Guild Wars 2 @ PAX Prime 2015: Raids, Release Date, and F2P!
- ArenaNet hit PAX Prime this year hard with three major announcements for Guild Wars 2 - culminating in the reveal of the base game going F2P!