Firefall is set 200 years in Earth’s future where (and when) humanity is on the brink of annihilation at the hands of an insectoid alien race. Several persistent world MMOFPS games like PlanetSide, Global Agenda, and Tabula Rasa have come and gone but Firefall has put in the time and development effort to transform the genre. With a stellar development team whose members include the team lead of World of Warcraft and lead designer of Tribes, Firefall promises high production value and a sleek, original art style. Players will be able to work cooperatively to overcome alien forces, or take part in a variety of competitive multiplayer game modes. Choose from among many specialized battleframes (classes), customize them with specific loadouts that can be swapped on the fly, and then battle forward in dynamically changing content with allies at your side.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Jul 29, 2014
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Red 5 Studios
- Publisher: Red 5 Studios
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Sci-Fi, Shooter
- Platforms: PC
Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Persistent world and good graphics.
- +Cooperative and competitive gameplay.
- +Complex class customization with freedom to swap between them.
- -Repetitive dynamic quests.
- -Many good ideas existing in pockets that need more content to flesh them out.
- Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP SP3 or newer
- CPU: AMD Dual Core @ 2.6GHz; Intel Dual Core @ 2.2GHz
- RAM: 4GB
- GPU: Nvidia 8600 or ATI 4xxx with 1GB of VRAM
- HDD: 20GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- Nexon plays cupid in Mabinogi and Atlantica Online
- Mabinogi and Atlantica Online are celebrating Valentine's this week in their own special ways.
- Kabam Acquires Games Studios TapZen and Magic Pixel Games
- Kabam, Inc., today announced it has acquired Los Angeles-based games studios TapZen and Magic Pixel Games. The move will expand Kabam’s glob...
- Ork Newsletter Heralds F2P Options for Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade
- F2P, B2P, and cosmetic items hinted at in cryptic Ork message.