*SITE RELAUNCH: We're moving content over - we're not quite done yet! Issues or questions? Please post in the forums :)
Firefall is set 200 years in Earth’s future where (and when) humanity is on the brink of annihilation at the hands of an insectoid alien race. Several persistent world MMOFPS games like PlanetSide, Global Agenda, and Tabula Rasa have come and gone but Firefall has put in the time and development effort to transform the genre. With a stellar development team whose members include the team lead of World of Warcraft and lead designer of Tribes, Firefall promises high production value and a sleek, original art style. Players will be able to work cooperatively to overcome alien forces, or take part in a variety of competitive multiplayer game modes. Choose from among many specialized battleframes (classes), customize them with specific loadouts that can be swapped on the fly, and then battle forward in dynamically changing content with allies at your side.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Jul 29, 2014
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Red 5 Studios
- Publisher: Red 5 Studios
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Sci-Fi, Shooter
- Platforms: PC
- Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Persistent world and good graphics.
- +Cooperative and competitive gameplay.
- +Complex class customization with freedom to swap between them.
- -Repetitive dynamic quests.
- -Many good ideas existing in pockets that need more content to flesh them out.
- Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP SP3 or newer
- CPU: AMD Dual Core @ 2.6GHz; Intel Dual Core @ 2.2GHz
- RAM: 4GB
- GPU: Nvidia 8600 or ATI 4xxx with 1GB of VRAM
- HDD: 20GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- Warlocks vs Shadows Preview
- What do you get when you mix arena combat, RPG elements, magic, mayhem, and a dose of unique elements? No, not a jumbled mess of a game.
- Blade & Soul: New reports suggest NA/EU release early 2015
- For those that have been waiting patiently for any details regarding the NA/EU release of Blade & Soul, your waiting may soon be at its end.
- Tree of Savior: Squire and Centurion Class Introduced
- The official Tree of Savior blog has just released a new blog that introduces two new classes: the Squire and Centurion from the swordsman cla