Fable Legends is an open-world RPG for XBox One. Continuing the legacy of previous Fable games, Fable Legends will let players create and customize their own Hero, discovering and mapping the story of the fantasy world of Albion. Players will also be able to play co-op multiplayer with up to four players. Another new addition is a villain mode, which lets players strategize the placement and use of traps, monsters, and other obstacles to try to stop the Hero.
What is Fable legends?
Uniting thrilling stories, exciting combat and heroic quests with the next generation capabilities of the Xbox One and Windows 10 PC, Fable Legends is the forthcoming adventure in the genre defining series Fable.
Magic is rife and all manner of creatures and miscreants inhabit the world off the beaten track. Eyes watch the unwary from the shadowy canopy of the forest. Are you brave enough to venture outside the walls of Brightlodge? Will you leave the welcoming taverns and the even more welcoming arms of Betsy (or Brian) the barkeep and strike a new path into the unknown? There are quests and treasure aplenty awaiting you if you do.
And you can take on the role of any. Fearless warriors, cunning tricksters, intoxicated brawlers, masters of Will, heartless mercenaries or paragons of virtue, even Chicken chasers (gotta catch ‘em to kick ‘em). But you won’t be sent out to battle the fearsome beasties alone. Indeed that would be the fastest way to have a song written about you – not one you would want repeating though…
“THE BRAVE BUT FOOLISH HERO, HE ENDED UP MOST DEAD. A REDCAP GOT ITS HALBERD OUT AND BOPPED HIM ON THE HEAD. HIS EYES POPPED OUT, HIS KNEECAPS CHOPPED, HIS BOTTOM BURNT OFF”…
Well you get the picture…
Fear not for thy kneecaps! Three heroic comrades will join you. You’ll even be able to personalise your heroes, by kitting them out in new armour and weapons. Some you might even find in the chests scattered around the land, stumbling upon them whilst questing. Lovely, shiny, deadly rapiers, sabres, longswords that you can improve, or infuse with the power of the elements by adding augments.
If all that seems a bit noble…
Maybe playing bad is more up your dark, murderous alley? Villain players get to set traps, command creatures and ambush bothersome do-gooders. Ultimately you can be the big bad thing the citizens of Albion are afraid of. Muster your minions, rally your redcaps, order your ogre to smash those squishy heroes. Doesn’t that sound delicious? Oh the power, the infamy, the tight black leather britches…
- Status: Cancelled
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Lionhead Studios
- Publisher: Microsoft Studios
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, RPG, Fantasy
- Platforms: PC, Xbox One
Articles You May Enjoy
- Fantasy War Tactics Global Launch Set for November
- International game developer and publisher NEXON Korea has revealed Fantasy War Tactics will have its worldwide launch on Nov. 5.
- Robocraft: PVP mode "Legends of The Pit" Now Available
- Indie developer Freejam is pleased to announce the release of the latest game mode, “Legends of The Pit”, for their hit crafting-shooter M...
- Silkroad Online: Death Bone's Secrets Revealed
- Joymax has revealed new secrets today behind the origin of "Death Bone," a special boss event for Silkroad Online.