Dungeons & Dragons Online is set in the fictional world of Eberron and remains faithful to the D&D franchise. Everything from geography to gameplay mechanics has been successfully ported from the tabletop game to the online virtual world. Unlike other PC games that use the D&D 3.5 ruleset (such as Neverwinter Nights) combat in Dungeons & Dragons Online is fast-paced and feels more like the style found in action-RPGs; players must left-click to swing their weapon each time. The game world functions similarly to the system used in Guild Wars, where players interact freely in towns but all other areas are instanced. Dungeons are filled with puzzles and traps, which help give the game the same ‘feel’ as the tabletop role playing game.
Human – The most versatile of races. Humans are fast learners capable of playing as any class. +1 feat during character creation.
Elf – The most ancient race in Eberron. Elves start with higher dexterity (+2) but lower constitution (-2.)
Halfling – Tiny humanoids with high dexterity (+2) but low strength (-2.) Halflings are cunning and use their small size to their advantage in battle.
Dwarf – A sturdy race of cave dwellers. Dwarves have high constitution (+2) but low charisma (-2). They are resistant to poison and many other spells. Dwarves also excel as craftsmen.
Warforged* – A race of automatons originally built for battle. They have high constitution (+2) but suffer from reduced wisdom (-2) and charisma (-2.) Warforged are immune to many effects such as poison, disease, and paralysis.
Drow Elf* – The Drow are the dark cousins of the Elves. They start with high dexterity (+2), intelligence (+2), and charisma (+2) but reduced constitution (-2.)
Melee Classes – Fighter, Barbarian, Paladin, Monk*
Spellcaster Classes – Sorcerer, Cleric, Wizard, Favored Soul*
Specialist Classes – Ranger, Rogue, Bard
* These races/classes must be purchased before they can be selected.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Feb 28, 2006
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Turbine
- Publisher: Turbine
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Adventure, RPG, Fantasy
- Platforms: PC
Editor's Score: 5/5
- +Detailed character creation process.
- +More or less faithful to the D&D 3.5 ruleset.
- +Dungeons can be run solo or with parties.
- -Some races, classes, & areas require payments to access.
- -Difficult character progression, especially for those unfamiliar with D&D.
- Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Windows Vista / XP
- CPU: Pentium 4 3.0GHz or AMD equivalentor or better
- RAM: 1 GB
- GPU: GeForce FX 5600 / Radeon 9550 128MB or better
- HDD: 8 GBli>
Articles You May Enjoy
- Infinite Crisis – Nightmare Superman Available on April 9th
- Nightmare Superman is the latest Champion to join Infinite Crisis, the free-to-play MOBA from Turbine based in the DC Universe!
- Maplestory 2 Final Korean CB Test Announced
- Nexon released an announcement last night scheduling one final closed beta test phase for the Korean MapleStory 2 servers.
- Shadow Kings: New MMO Building Game for Mobile Devices
- From noble knights and mighty castles to unruly dwarves and proud elves. Goodgame Studios, the successful publisher of browser and mobile game...