Dungeons & Dragons Online is set in the fictional world of Eberron and remains faithful to the D&D franchise. Everything from geography to gameplay mechanics has been successfully ported from the tabletop game to the online virtual world. Unlike other PC games that use the D&D 3.5 ruleset (such as Neverwinter Nights) combat in Dungeons & Dragons Online is fast-paced and feels more like the style found in action-RPGs; players must left-click to swing their weapon each time. The game world functions similarly to the system used in Guild Wars, where players interact freely in towns but all other areas are instanced. Dungeons are filled with puzzles and traps, which help give the game the same ‘feel’ as the tabletop role playing game.
Human – The most versatile of races. Humans are fast learners capable of playing as any class. +1 feat during character creation.
Elf – The most ancient race in Eberron. Elves start with higher dexterity (+2) but lower constitution (-2.)
Halfling – Tiny humanoids with high dexterity (+2) but low strength (-2.) Halflings are cunning and use their small size to their advantage in battle.
Dwarf – A sturdy race of cave dwellers. Dwarves have high constitution (+2) but low charisma (-2). They are resistant to poison and many other spells. Dwarves also excel as craftsmen.
Warforged* – A race of automatons originally built for battle. They have high constitution (+2) but suffer from reduced wisdom (-2) and charisma (-2.) Warforged are immune to many effects such as poison, disease, and paralysis.
Drow Elf* – The Drow are the dark cousins of the Elves. They start with high dexterity (+2), intelligence (+2), and charisma (+2) but reduced constitution (-2.)
Melee Classes – Fighter, Barbarian, Paladin, Monk*
Spellcaster Classes – Sorcerer, Cleric, Wizard, Favored Soul*
Specialist Classes – Ranger, Rogue, Bard
* These races/classes must be purchased before they can be selected.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Feb 28, 2006
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Turbine
- Publisher: Turbine
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Adventure, RPG, Fantasy
- Platforms: PC
Editor's Score: 5/5
- +Detailed character creation process.
- +More or less faithful to the D&D 3.5 ruleset.
- +Dungeons can be run solo or with parties.
- -Some races, classes, & areas require payments to access.
- -Difficult character progression, especially for those unfamiliar with D&D.
- Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Windows Vista / XP
- CPU: Pentium 4 3.0GHz or AMD equivalentor or better
- RAM: 1 GB
- GPU: GeForce FX 5600 / Radeon 9550 128MB or better
- HDD: 8 GBli>
Articles You May Enjoy
- Rise of Incarnates Showcases New Character, Map and Special Event
- Zeus will join the roster of Rise of Incarnates characters and a brand new map set in Washington D.C will be available soon.
- DC Universe Online Episode 15 Preview
- in their bid to tie the game closer to the rest of the DC IPs, we are going to see a series of episodes featuring the “League of Assassins,”
- Forsaken World Mobile: MMORPG Coming Soon to Mobile from Fedeen Games
- Fedeen Games is proud to announce the arrival of Forsaken World, the acclaimed PC series, on iOS and Android devices.