Dota 2 is the acclaimed, stand-alone sequel to the Defense of the Ancients mod for Warcraft III. With furious multiplayer arena action, the goal of each match is to destroy your opposition’s stronghold. Getting there will not be easy, however. Players will have to contend with waves of lesser units, as well as other players defending their territory and seeking the destruction of your own. Defeat opponents to earn gold, buy equipment and level up to earn and upgrade your skills for victory!
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Jul 09, 2013
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Valve
- Publisher: Valve
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MOBA, Fantasy
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux
Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Stays true to original material.
- +All heroes available to be played right away.
- +Day and Night cycle that influences gameplay.
- +No pay to win advantage.
- -Community can be toxic.
- -Heavy learning curve for newcomers to the game/genre.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7, Mac OSX, or Ubuntu Linux
- CPU: Dual core from Intel or AMD at 2.8 GHz
- RAM: 4GB
- GPU: nVidia GeForce 8600/9600GT, ATI/AMD Radeon HD2600/3600
- HDD: 8GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- Dragon Saga (Dragonica Online) Review
- With its unique and addictive gameplay Dragon Saga is one of the best free to play side scrolling MMORPGs currently on the market.
- A Look Inside Lucent Heart's Scaena Update
- Lucent Heart launched its first major expansion, Scaena, at the end of August, adding two major new features.
- The Secret World's Season Finale is here!
- The Secret World® has just gotten a major content and story update with Issue #11: Reaping the Whirlwind.