Dota 2 is the acclaimed, stand-alone sequel to the Defense of the Ancients mod for Warcraft III. With furious multiplayer arena action, the goal of each match is to destroy your opposition’s stronghold. Getting there will not be easy, however. Players will have to contend with waves of lesser units, as well as other players defending their territory and seeking the destruction of your own. Defeat opponents to earn gold, buy equipment and level up to earn and upgrade your skills for victory!
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Jul 09, 2013
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Valve
- Publisher: Valve
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MOBA, Fantasy
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux
Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Stays true to original material.
- +All heroes available to be played right away.
- +Day and Night cycle that influences gameplay.
- +No pay to win advantage.
- -Community can be toxic.
- -Heavy learning curve for newcomers to the game/genre.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7, Mac OSX, or Ubuntu Linux
- CPU: Dual core from Intel or AMD at 2.8 GHz
- RAM: 4GB
- GPU: nVidia GeForce 8600/9600GT, ATI/AMD Radeon HD2600/3600
- HDD: 8GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- Grey Goo Launches New Campaign DLC Free For a Limited Time
- Grey Goo's new DLC, titled “Emergence,” contains three new story missions that take place during the game’s single-player campaign.
- Dawngate 2014 Closed Beta Impressions
- MMOHuts's Ragachak runs Dawngate's lanes and jungles to give some early impressions of the state of the MOBA.
- RayCity Review
- RayCity is a fun racing game with has a certain 'high quality' feel to it.