DiscStorm is a pixel MOBA developed by XMPT Games and is available on Steam for PC, Mac, and Linux, but it is also available for PS Vita. In DiscStorm players can select from one of four different characters to represent them, then battle it out in singleplayer adventures or in multiplayer matches of disc throwing insanity. In singleplayer mode you will come across fierce creatures and a variety of bosses that can only be defeated by your disc throwing skills! Players will encounter everything from robots to wizards as they toss their three wall-bouncing discs at them to destroy them, which will need to be picked up once they lose velocity and fall to the ground. In multiplayer mode players can play with each other either locally or online and in a different match types like Deathmatch, where players will try and be the first to ten kills, and Regicide, where players try and keep the crown. This mashup of retro game elements with the hectic challenge of dodging bouncing discs is sure to test action gamers’ reaction-time.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Aug 20, 2015
- Business Model: Retail
- Developer: XMPT Games
- Publisher: Mastertronic
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 2D, MOBA
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux, PS Vita
Editor's Score: 1/5
- +Character skins unlocked with progress.
- +Local multiplayer.
- -Lack of true character customization.
- -Not suited for those who don't like fast-paced gameplay.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP / Windows 7 / Windows 8
- CPU: 2.0 GHz Dual Core Processor
- RAM: 2 GB
- GPU: GeForce 8800 or equivalent
- HDD: 200 MB
Articles You May Enjoy
- The King of Fighters XIV Demo Arrives July 19
- If you've been burning on the inside for some intense 3v3 fighting game action, your wait is about to get a little more bearable.
- Destiny: Servers Now Set Live Before Launch Date
- Bungie, the creators behind the original Halo FPS series, has just launched their servers for their latest FPS franchise "Destiny", ...
- Worlds of Magic: Coming to Xbox One
- Worlds of Magic – a 4X turn-based strategy game that was released on PC on March 19th is now coming to Xbox One.