Dark Orbit is a popular space based browser MMORPG by Bigpoint. Like all of Bigpoint’s games, Dark Orbit is a heavily PvP oriented game. The first few zones are safe areas but the rest of the galaxy is a free for all.
Three powerful mining corporations can’t seem to divide the galaxy between themselves and continue to wage perpetual war against each other. New players are asked to chose which of these corporations they wish to join. Each has a different attitude towards their place in the galaxy. Switching factions is possible but not without a stiff cost. The three Mining Corporations are:
Mars Mining Operation – Profit seeking opportunists.
Earth Industries Corporation – Believe in commitment to the company and shared goals.
Venus Resources Unlimited – Their mission statement includes protecting the galaxy and caring for their employees.
- Status: Released
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Bigpoint
- Publisher: Bigpoint
- Category: Browser
- Genre(s): 2D, MMO, Sci-Fi, Shooter
- Platforms: PC
- Editor's Score: 3/5
- +No download or install required
- +Large player base
- +Open PvP and faction wars
- -Repetitive graphics and gameplay
- -Boring Quests
- -Cash shop is very much pay-to-win
- Recommended System Requirements: Flash version 9.0 or greater required.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Final Fantasy XIV Introduces Patch 3.05
- The patch introduces two new major content areas: Alexander: Gordias (Savage), and Seal Rock (Seize).
- Steam Introduces New Refund Policy
- Valve has announced a new refunds policy for its game distribution service, Steam.
- Mordheim: City of the Damned Adds Maps, Consumables, Strategy View in Phase 6
- Rogue Factor's turn-based tactical RPG adaptation of Games Workshop's tabletop game heads into Early Access Phase 6.