*SITE RELAUNCH: We're moving content over - we're not quite done yet! Issues or questions? Please post in the forums :)
CrimeCraft was originally released as a retail, subscription based MMOFPS but has since relaunched as largely a free to play game with a cash shop. A large, persistent city acts as the game’s lobby where players can form gangs, accept missions, buy new weapons and more. The actual gameplay elements of CrimeCraft are similar to many other MMO shooters available with some of the major differences being the third person camera angle and the inability to jump. CrimeCraft uses the Unreal 3 engine which help the game stand out in the free to play arena. The game currently supports 7+ game modes which are:
Turf War - Two teams battle for control of five strategic locations. The first team to control all five points or the team to control the most when time runs out is the winner.
Snatch N’ Grab - A capture the flag game mode involving two teams.
Robbery - Each team starts with a safe containing 100k in cash. Players must steal money from the opposing team’s safe and bring it back to their own. The team with the most cash at the end of the round wins.
Shootout - Team deathmatch. Two teams compete to score the most kills in the allotted time.
Riot - Deathmatch or FFA mode. The player with the most points at the end of the round is declared the winner.
Safegaurd - A PvE mode that pits a group of players against a wave of AI controlled rogues. Players must protect a weapons cache until the timer runs out.
Stockpile - A PvE mode where players must recover supplies held by AI rogues. While players cannot hurt each other in this mode, they do not share the loot the accumulate.
- Status: Released
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Vogster Entertainment
- Publisher: Mayn Games
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Shooter, Simulation
- Platforms: PC
- Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Amazing graphics.
- +20 maps, 10 game modes.
- +PvE missions provide single player content.
- -Somewhat awkward controls.
- -RPG elements have no depth.
- -Plays almost identically to a lobby based shooter.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP / Vista
- CPU: Intel Dual Core
- RAM: 2 GB or more
- GPU: GeForce 8800 or better
- HDD: 5.5 GB or more
Articles You May Enjoy
- WolfTeam Reloaded Announced
- WolfTeam, the high-octane sci-fi MMOFPS from Aeria Games, has just relaunched as WolfTeam Reloaded!
- Still Paying for WoW? Top 5 Free MMORPG Alternatives
- We saw the first batch of MMORPG releases back in the late 90s with games like Ultima Online, EverQuest and other complicated high fantasy.
- World of Warriors Launches PvP Arena
- Arena Mode brings a new level of combat to World of Warriors by pitting players against one another for a chance to climb the ranks.