*SITE RELAUNCH: We're moving content over - we're not quite done yet! Issues or questions? Please post in the forums :)
Combat Arms is one of the better free to play shooter games currently available. The only major flaw with the game is the fact that everything you purchase has an expiration date, and weapons have to be constantly re-purchased. Combat Arms is actually one of the first mega popular MMOFPS games in the U.S., as it launched in North America back in mid 2008. Even though the game is several years old now, the Nexon constantly keeps the game updated with new maps, modes and weapons. Below are some of the game’s many game modes along with a brief description. To learn more about Combat Arms, please read our full review.
Elimination – Team death match. This is the most popular game mode.
Search and Destroy – One team must plant a bomb while the other tries to stop them.
One Man Army – Free for all.
Capture The Flag – Two teams attempt to capture opposing flag.
Spy Hunt – Players attempt to acquire all 3 ‘intel cases’ to become the super spy with access to powerful weapons.
Snowball Fight – Special game mode available until March. Freeze other players with snowballs than shatter them with a shovel.
Quarantine – Zombie mode. Play as either humans or Infected.
Fireteam – Play cooperatively in multi-staged missions.
Seize and Secure – King of the hill style game. Whichever team can capture and hold a location for a certain amount of time wins.
- Status: Released
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Nexon
- Publisher: Nexon
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Shooter
- Platforms: PC
- Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Easy to pick up and play.
- +Many game modes and maps
- +New players start with a lot of money.
- +Lots of guns and attachments (300+ unique guns).
- +Achievements system.
- -Cash shop still powerfully imbalanced.
- -Poor anti-cheat system.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP or Windows Vista Home Premium
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz
- RAM: 512 MB RAM or more
- GPU: GeForce FX 5600 or better
- HDD: 2.0 GB free
Articles You May Enjoy
- DFO Global: Now Available With OBT and Events
- Tons of events to celebrate the return of a legendary MORPG
- Cabal 2 Revealed for True Fans and Beta Sign-ups Begin
- ESTSoft, Inc. announced today that gamers who long for the days of MMOs with deep, immersive RPG elements, can now sign up for Cabal II's beta
- LaTale Season 2 Review
- LaTale is a Korean Action-MMO produced by Actoz Soft and originally published in 2008. In it, you play the role of a character with goofy hair