Civilization Online is a 3D Strategy MMORPG continuing the Sid Meier’s Civilization franchise and is being developed by XLGames. It is in closed beta in Korea and currently has no announced plans for a North American release. In Civilization Online players will create and assume control of their own individual character, actually playing as a citizen of their civilization. Players climb high up on the political ladder and lead their civilization to greatness or they can lay back and displace any leaders that don’t seem to be fit for their civilization.
Games are held in short-term sessions where players will need to help their civilizations become the most developed and be the first to achieve victory. Civilizations have the option of interacting with each other in various ways in their session including: remaining neutral, declaring war with each other, or trading resources.
How will you help your civilization dominate and stand the test of time?
- Status: Pre-Release
- Business Model: Retail
- Developer: XLGames
- Publisher: XLGames
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, RPG, Strategy
- Platforms: PC
- +Randomized session maps.
- +Unique perspective for a large-scale world.
- +Limited information available.
- -No western market releases confirmed.
- -Real-time gameplay somewhat detracts from strategical elements.
Articles You May Enjoy
- APB Reloaded: 'Open Conflict' update now available
- Reloaded Games today announced the launch of “release 17” of APB Reloaded, a top Free2Play® online action game featuring unparalleled cha...
- Dragon Nest launches in Europe
- eFusion has successfully launched Dragon Nest in Europe, the game's first publication in the continent.