Civilization Online is a 3D Strategy MMORPG continuing the Sid Meier’s Civilization franchise and is being developed by XLGames. It is in closed beta in Korea and currently has no announced plans for a North American release. In Civilization Online players will create and assume control of their own individual character, actually playing as a citizen of their civilization. Players climb high up on the political ladder and lead their civilization to greatness or they can lay back and displace any leaders that don’t seem to be fit for their civilization.
Games are held in short-term sessions where players will need to help their civilizations become the most developed and be the first to achieve victory. Civilizations have the option of interacting with each other in various ways in their session including: remaining neutral, declaring war with each other, or trading resources.
How will you help your civilization dominate and stand the test of time?
- Status: Pre-Release
- Business Model: Retail
- Developer: XLGames
- Publisher: XLGames
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, RPG, Strategy
- Platforms: PC
- +Randomized session maps.
- +Unique perspective for a large-scale world.
- +Limited information available.
- -No western market releases confirmed.
- -Real-time gameplay somewhat detracts from strategical elements.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Rumble Fighter Season 5 Approaches
- Rumble Fighter Unleashed is coming as GamesCampus reveals the first pieces of this massive update.
- Frontier Developments launches Elite: Dangerous for Mac
- Frontier Developments today launched Elite: Dangerous for Mac.
- TERA Hits Steam with New Gunner Class
- “We’re celebrating TERA’s anniversary this month and over the past 3 years, we’ve received many requests for TERA to be playable on Steam,”