Civilization: Beyond Earth
Civilization: Beyond Earth is the sixth installation of Sid Meier’s Civilization series and is available for purchase on Steam for PC, Mac, and Linux. Unlike previous games in the series, Civilization: Beyond Earth is set in the future where players act as the leader of an expedition into space in search of a new home where the human race may thrive. Players will need to colonize the planet by fending off dangerous creatures, traversing hazardous terrain, and collecting new-found resources. Satellites can be deployed in their own game layer to gain strategic and economic advantages, new technologies can be discovered, units can be customized and much more! Do you have what it takes to help the human race gain a foothold in an uncertain future?
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Oct 24, 2014
- Business Model: Retail
- Developer: Take-Two Interactive
- Publisher: 2K Games
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, Sci-Fi, Strategy
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux
Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Some RPG elements.
- +Sensible, easy controls.
- +New factions and victory conditions.
- -Planets lack diversity.
- -Soundtrack less inspiring than previous installations' soundtracks.
- -Poor AI from Civilization 5 carried over.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows® Vista SP2 / Windows® 7
- CPU: 1.8 GHz Quad Core CPU
- RAM: 4 GB
- GPU: AMD HD5000 series or better (or ATI R9 series for Mantle support), nVidia GT400 series or better, or Intel IvyBridge or better integrated graphics
- HDD: 8 GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- Carbine Studios Announces Business Model for WildStar
- NCSOFT® and Carbine Studios today revealed initial details on the business model for WildStar, the much anticipated sci-fi MMO, outlining the...
- Second Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft Adventure Releases First Wing
- The first wing of Blackrock Mountain™, the fiery new Adventure for Hearthstone®: Heroes of Warcraft™, has opened!