Civilization: Beyond Earth
Civilization: Beyond Earth is the sixth installation of Sid Meier’s Civilization series and is available for purchase on Steam for PC, Mac, and Linux. Unlike previous games in the series, Civilization: Beyond Earth is set in the future where players act as the leader of an expedition into space in search of a new home where the human race may thrive. Players will need to colonize the planet by fending off dangerous creatures, traversing hazardous terrain, and collecting new-found resources. Satellites can be deployed in their own game layer to gain strategic and economic advantages, new technologies can be discovered, units can be customized and much more! Do you have what it takes to help the human race gain a foothold in an uncertain future?
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Oct 24, 2014
- Business Model: Retail
- Developer: Take-Two Interactive
- Publisher: 2K Games
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, Sci-Fi, Strategy
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux
Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Some RPG elements.
- +Sensible, easy controls.
- +New factions and victory conditions.
- -Planets lack diversity.
- -Soundtrack less inspiring than previous installations' soundtracks.
- -Poor AI from Civilization 5 carried over.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows® Vista SP2 / Windows® 7
- CPU: 1.8 GHz Quad Core CPU
- RAM: 4 GB
- GPU: AMD HD5000 series or better (or ATI R9 series for Mantle support), nVidia GT400 series or better, or Intel IvyBridge or better integrated graphics
- HDD: 8 GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- Forge of Empires Introduces New 'Tomorrow' Era
- The German developer InnoGames, has just introduced a new period to its strategic online game Forge of Empires: The Tomorrow Era.
- Forge Of Empires Introduces Guilds
- A new update in Forge of Empires today introduces a guild system for players.
- ARCHLORD 2 Releases “Season of Siege” Update
- New Castle Siege system pits player guilds against each other