Black Mesa is a 3D adventure shooter developed by Crowbar Collective and is available for purchase on Steam Early Access for PC. Black Mesa re-imagines and pays tribute to Valve Corporation’s title Half-Life, which follows Gordon Freeman on his excursion through the Black Mesa Research Facility. A completely new soundtrack, new voice acting, and new graphics help weave a more immersive game for Half-Life lovers while avoiding the technological restrictions of 1998. In singleplayer mode players can experience an enthralling story with challenging combat and unforgettable characters. In multiplayer mode players can fight with or against others on six of Half-Life’s classic maps: Gasworks, Bounce, Stalkyard, Lambdabunker, Undertow, and Subtransit. Steam achievements, modding tools, and more await those wishing to experience Gordon Freeman’s gripping adventure one more time.
- Status: Pre-Release
- Release Date: May 05, 2015
- Business Model: Retail
- Developer: Crowbar Collective
- Publisher: Crowbar Collective
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, Adventure, Sci-Fi, Shooter
- Platforms: PC
- +Complete Steam integration including trading cards, emoticons, and more.
- +Modding options.
- +Resurfacing of nostalgic Half-Life memories.
- -Random respawning online.
- -AI excessively aware of player's location.
- -Limited information available.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 (32/64-bit) or better
- CPU: Pentium 4 processor (3.0GHz, or better)
- RAM: 4 GB
- GPU: NVIDIA® GTX 650 series, ATi® Radeon 7000 series or equivalent
- HDD: 20 GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- Top 10 Best Fantasy MMORPGs / MMOs
- We've looked through our reviews, user ratings, and other data to compile this top ten list!
- Atari annouces early access for "Mininum"
- It’s time for PC gamers to sharpen their tools and ready their trigger fingers as Atari, one of the world's most recognized publishers ...
- Planetside 2 PS4 Press Conference and Beta Key Raffle Event
- The PC version of this game is not a “testing ground” for the PS4 version; I cannot stress enough that each is its own game.