Battle Dawn is a strategy game that plays differently than most browser games of the same genre. With a large map of either Earth, Mars, or a fantasy realm serving as the backdrop, players create colonies, set up outposts and vie for control of ancient relics. Alliances must be formed and resources extracted to muster enough troops to capture all 10 relics and declaring victory, causing a new round to begin. There are four key resources in each of the three settings and the map’s geographically is generally limited to an aesthetic role; players receive no penalties for placing their colony in Antarctica nor any benefits for choosing a more fertile land.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Jan 06, 2006
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Tacticsoft
- Publisher: Tacticsoft
- Category: Browser
- Genre(s): 2D, Strategy
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux
- +Three unique settings.
- +World map easily visible.
- +Optional, rewarding tutorial.
- +Customize avatar, flag, profile.
- -Servers reset, no permanent worlds.
- -Paying players receive large benefits.
- -Slow gameplay & progression.
- -Geographic location has limited effect on gameplay.
- Requires up to date Flash player.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Star Crusade: War for the Expanse Dev Interview
- Star Crusade has been in development on and off for at least four years.
- FFXIV: A Realm Reborn Launches on Steam
- FFXIV: A Realm Reborn is now available on Steam alongside a sweet discount.
- Heroes of the Storm Tracer in Review
- In order to keep her playstyle from Overwatch, Tracer’s passive ability, Reload, allows her to attack while moving.