Atlantica Online utilizes a unique turn-based style of combat to offer players of all ages a tactical and strategic alternative to the MMORPG genre. With amazing high-quality graphics and sound, an engaging storyline, and several end-game PvP options.
Known officially as a ‘strategy MMORPG’, Atlantica Online has achieved success solely through it’s innovative turn-based combat system, and guild control system. While there are few character choices in the beginning, players can choose from over 20 different ‘Mercenaries’ later in the game, with a maximum of 8, thereby constructing their own unique team and style. Higher level characters have much to look forward to in the way of PvP, participating in large scale guild battles over towns and land.
Primary Character Weapon Choices – Sword, Spear, Axe, Gun, Bow, Cannon, Staff, Power Saw, Musician
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Jan 16, 2008
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Nexon
- Publisher: Nexon America
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, RPG, Fantasy, Strategy
- Platforms: PC
- +Fantastic graphics.
- +8 starting classes, plenty of subclasses.
- +Heaps of quests.
- +PvP and guild systems.
- -Monster graphics are re-used frequently.
- -Game difficulty is too easy.
- -Turn-based combat is not for everyone.
- -Limited character customization
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP/ 2000 / Vista
- CPU: Pentium 4 2GHz or higher
- RAM: 1GB or higher
- GPU: GeForce4 TI4200, 64MB or better (vertex pixel shading support required), DirectX 10
- HDD: 10GB or more
Articles You May Enjoy
- Open Alpha Phase of Winterfrost Legacy is Starting
- With its own unique take on the classic fantasy genre, Winterfrost Legacy focuses on the strategic aspects of battle.
- Phantasy Star Online 2 SEA's IP Block Appears Lifted
- Word is, Phantasy Star Online 2 SEA (that's the only current official English version) has lifted its IP ban
- Entropia Universe will deliver Real Cash Gaming for Virtual Reality
- The Entropia Universe platform will fully Support Oculus Rift Development Kit 2 (DK2), Valve and HTC’s SteamVR & more.