Asura Online tells a tale originating from the famous classic Chinese novel “Journey to the West”. It defines itself in a darker setting and twists from the original. You begin your journey at the Flower Fruit Mountain (Hua Guo Shan), where the monkey king Sun Wukong once lived. One day, you received a Mark on your body which the monkey king once had too. Driven by a sense of destiny, you left your home and set out to explore the world, seeking the reason of the mark’s appearance and its link to the fate of the world.
The stories are unveiled through various cut-scenes with spot-on voice-acting. As you travel around the world, it is not hard to note that the towns, monsters and NPCs’ do make reference to the original novel.
- Status: Shut Down
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Tencent
- Publisher: Tencent
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Adventure, RPG
- Platforms: PC
Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Balanced PvP.
- +Interactive Environment.
- +Detailed physics engine.
- -No character customization.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Weekly Huts Stream (4/25) Featuring Dead Island: Epidemic & Eclipse War
- JamesBl0nde streams every Friday for MMOHuts on Twitch!
- Exclusive: Genesis A.D Open Beta Begins Early November
- Genesis A.D begins open beta phase in early November. The 3D sci-fi themed MMOFPS game from ijji is finally launching. The game will release e...
- Rusty Hearts announces Requiem
- Perfect World Entertainment has announced its next major update for Rusty Hearts, Requiem.