Asura Online tells a tale originating from the famous classic Chinese novel “Journey to the West”. It defines itself in a darker setting and twists from the original. You begin your journey at the Flower Fruit Mountain (Hua Guo Shan), where the monkey king Sun Wukong once lived. One day, you received a Mark on your body which the monkey king once had too. Driven by a sense of destiny, you left your home and set out to explore the world, seeking the reason of the mark’s appearance and its link to the fate of the world.
The stories are unveiled through various cut-scenes with spot-on voice-acting. As you travel around the world, it is not hard to note that the towns, monsters and NPCs’ do make reference to the original novel.
- Status: Shut Down
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Tencent
- Publisher: Tencent
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, Adventure, RPG
- Platforms: PC
- Editor's Score: 4/5
- +Balanced PvP.
- +Interactive Environment.
- +Detailed physics engine.
- -No character customization.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Armored Warfare Early Access Sneak Peek
- We were able to play on four maps, including a newly released map called River Point, and had access to thirty-eight vehicles over five class
- Legend of Edda Review
- Legend of Edda is a traditional MMORPG with very linear progression.
- The Crew Wild Run Announced
- Ubisoft has recently announced at E3 2015 that a new "The Crew" title known as Wild Run is currently in development