ArcheAge is a free to play, sandbox-style fantasy MMORPG. Play as one of two factions, or as an outcast of society. Make your mark through crafting, trading, crime, or waging war! The expansive world allows you to create player housing, farms, castles, and more to claim territory; fight on land, sea, and air; and much more.
ArcheAge is free to play in North America with an optional “patron program” subscription. There are several limitations on free players: they only gain 5 labor points every 5 minutes while only (patrons get 10 per 10), they gain no labor points while offline (patrons get 5 per 5), and they cannot claim land, build houses, pay taxes, or post on the Auction House. These limitations may change as the game is currently in Beta for North America.
There are four playable races, split into two factions: the Nuians and Elves live on the western Nuia, and Firran and Harani live on the eastern Haranya. The class system is not traditional: instead of picking a class, you pick three core skill sets (out of ten available). The combination of these three skill sets determines your actual ‘class,’ making 120 total combinations possible.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Sep 16, 2014
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: XL Games
- Publisher: Trion Worlds
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, RPG, Fantasy
- Platforms: PC
Editor's Score: 5/5
- +120 possible classes from multiple skill sets you choose.
- +Huge player-driven economy and justice system.
- +Themepark elements help ease traditional MMO players into the sandbox realm.
- -Limitations on free players seem excessive.
- -Somewhat generic questing system.
- Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Windows Vista or 7 with Service Pack 1
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo or better.
- RAM: 2GB
- GPU: Geforce 8000 series, Radeon HD 4000 series better, with at least 512MB video memory.
- HDD: 30 GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide Reveals The Dwarf Ranger
- Developer Fatshark announced today that its latest character reveal for Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide is Bardin Goreksson.
- League of Legends Season 6 and Jhin Review
- The nature of social media is also changing with League of Legends! Clubs and party features are well on the way, not now but in the future.