Considering it plays directly on your web browser with no need for special plugins or installations, Adventure Quest Worlds is an impressive MMORPG. Compared to Artix’s first hit AdventureQuest, AQ Worlds feels like a much broader package and actually boosts a persistent world where players can interact. The graphic style in AQ Worlds is similar to those found in its predecessor, and while I don’t find them all that impressive, they do carry a certain charm that builds on you. Though it is more in-depth that previous titles, this is still very much a casual game not likely to interest dedicated players for long, unless they are willing to pay for additional content. There are four basic classes but the ability to multi-class gives players many options. The classes are:
Healer – The supportive class of AQWorlds that shines in a group setting though they can also stand on their alone. Their secondary upgrade class is the Acolyte.
Mage – Primary spell casters who have an array of elemental spells at their disposal. Mages can deal heavy damage but rely on mana to do so. Their secondary upgrade class is the Sorcerer
Rogue – Sneaky melee fighters with heavy damage output but low defense and health. Their secondary upgrade class is the Renegade.
Warrior – The primary melee class with powerful attacks, high armor, and plenty of health. Their secondary upgrade class is the Warlord.
All secondary classes are restricted to paying members, as are most of the individual classes that can be purchased such as Paladin, Pirate, Berserker, Beast Warrior, Ninja, Witch, Vampire, and others.
- Status: Released
- Release Date: Jun 02, 2008
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Artix
- Publisher: Artix Entertainment
- Category: Browser
- Genre(s): 2D, MMO, Adventure, RPG, Fantasy
- Platforms: PC
- Editor's Score: 3/5
- +Easy to get started.
- +Multi-classing feature.
- +Instant travel via world map.
- +Plenty of repeatable quests.
- +Weekly updates.
- -Simplistic graphics.
- -Limited content & maps for non paying members.
- -Quest progress resets upon exiting.
- An up-to-date browser.
Articles You May Enjoy
- Spirit Tales Review
- All in all it’s a cute, adorable, light hearted game with a truckload of potential. Give this one a try!
- Skyforge Adds New PvP/Group Content Ahead of Third Closed Beta Test
- The third closed beta session for Skyforge runs next week beginning on April 22nd at 7am PST and running to May 13th.
- WildStar Dominion Adventure Preview - Riot in the Void
- Now it’s time to read up on how the Dominion handles business with their own starting adventure: “Riot in the Void.”