9Dragons may seem like a traditional fantasy MMORPG but it has quite a few unique characteristics that make it stand out. During character creation you do select which starting location you prefer, with each of the 6 choices representing the base of one of the six clans, but it is not until level 25 that players chose their class. While there are four basic class types, each of the clans has a different name for them. Below is a short description of each class type, what each clan calls them and what weapon is preferred by each class:
Warrior: Masters of close quarter combat, warriors excel at dealing heavy damage directly to their opponent. Their main stats are Constitution, Dexterity, and Strength.
Strategist (Healer): Healers are the support class of their clan. They possess both healing and buffing spells with which to aid their allies. Their main stats are Essence and Wisdom.
Chi Kung Artist (Nuker): Chi Kung Artists are the masters of magic. They have by far the most damage potential but are frail in melee combat. Their main stats are Essence and Wisdom. Currently, Chi Kung Artists are the most powerful PvP class.
Holist (Hybrid): Holists are the jack of all trades who can stand toe to toe with their enemies but also have healing and supportive skills. Essence and Constitution are their primary stats.
- White Clans
- Shaolin (male only)
- Luohan Monk (Warrior) Polearms
- Diamond Monk (Healer) Gloves
- Exorcist Monk (Nuker) Bracers
- Deva Monk (Hybrid) Gloves
- Wu Tang
- Blue Dragon (Warrior) Swords
- Red Phoenix (Healer) Gloves
- Black Tortoise (Nuker) Bracers
- White Tiger (Hybrid) Gloves
- The League of Beggars
- Vanguard Beggar (Warrior) Staves
- Strategy Beggar (Healer) Gloves
- Dragon Beggar (Nuker) Bracers
- Spirit Beggar (Hybrid) Gloves
- Shaolin (male only)
- Sacred Flower (female only)
- Mistress of War (Warrior) Flying Wheels
- Mistress of Heaven (Healer) Daggers
- Mistress of Spirit (Nuker) Bracers
- Mistress of Cloud (Hybrid) Daggers
- Heavenly Demon
- Blood Demon (Warrior) Sabers
- Phantom Demon (Healer) Gloves
- Storm Demon (Nuker) Bracers
- Fire Demon (Hybrid) Gloves
- The Brotherhood of Thieves
- Warrior Bandit (Warrior) Spears
- Strategist Bandit (Healer) Axes
- Armored Bandit (Nuker) Bracers (weapons that aid in energy channeling)
- Taishan Bandit (Hybrid) Axes
- Status: Released
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Joon Gwon Games
- Publisher: RedFox
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 3D, MMO, RPG, Fighting
- Platforms: PC
Editor's Score: 3/5
- +Great skill system.
- +Each clan has slightly different versions of the 4 class types.
- +Innovative mini games.
- -Too much game text.
- -Limited graphic settings.
- -Unhelpful tutorial, poor quests.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP / Vista
- CPU: Pentium 4 2.4GHz or higher
- RAM: 1 GB
- GPU: N/A
- HDD: 2.0 GB Free
Articles You May Enjoy
- Holiday Events Starting in Digimon Masters Online
- Joymax has rounded up a sleigh full of activities and prizes for Digimon Masters Online. Want to get your gift from Santa before Christmas?
- Planet Calypso Review
- If there is any herald to that apocalypse of the olden days of value and profit, Planet Calypso is certainly one of them.
- Hi-ReZ Studios to promote "SMITE Update Show" every week
- For an interesting change of pace, Hi-Rez Studios has recently announced on Reddit that the Smite Update Show will now air every week at 5:00p...