*SITE RELAUNCH: We're moving content over - we're not quite done yet! Issues or questions? Please post in the forums :)
8Realms is a browser-based strategy game from Jagex. Featuring a bright, comical style and a focus on less competitive but more strategic empire-building, 8Realms is welcoming and easy to play.
8Realms tasks players with taking a meager village from its ancient days, and growing it through eight “Ages” of progress. Players build, research, gather resources, trade, and conquer in this easy-to-learn HTML-based game. As there is no player-versus-player features, competition instead comes from capturing and holding the most land and luxuries to raise your culture above others.
[RoyalSlider Error] Slides are missing.
- Status: Shut Down
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: Jagex
- Publisher: Jagex
- Category: Browser
- Genre(s): 2D, MMO, Strategy
- Platforms: PC, Mac, Linux
- Editor's Score: 1/5
- + Easy to learn
- + Unique approach to online strategy
- + Non-competitive
- - Slow growth rate
- - Game feels too casual
- - Lack of direction after first age
Articles You May Enjoy
- Dungeons 2: Now Available
- Dungeons 2: Now Available - New dungeon mangement/RTS game similar to Dungeon Keeper
- Everquest II Rumpocolypse Press Preview
- This afternoon, I had the distinct pleasure of sitting in on a roundtable with Holly, Executive Producer of Everquest 1 and 2.
- EverQuest II Review
- Nearly all of the notable places of the first game exist in EverQuest 2 with the addition of several new places to explore as well.