2029 Online is an innovative MMORPG by IGG that combines RTS (Real Time Strategy) tactics and social interaction to enhance its gameplay. The player is allowed to create a character by selecting from one of the three available races and a gender to suit. A static avatar can be selected from a sizable selection to help players differentiate their character from others. The game’s story unfolds on an alien planet named Helen Continent, where different cultures struggle for survival. 2029 Online’s great user interface promotes and allows for great social interaction and a rich gaming experience. Like most free MMORPGs, character diversity is unfortunately quite limited, as players are allowed to choose between only three different races:
Humans: The humans have arrived on Helen Continent due to the destruction of their home, Earth. They are portrayed to care mainly about politics and wealth, and favor the use of guns.
Dryads: These forest giants are supposed to be the peaceful brutes of nature. Starting off with primitive club-type weapons, Dryads use their strength and connection to nature to their advantage.
Electric Elves: This mysterious race has a background that remains largely unknown. They are said to be conceited and keep mainly to themselves, wielding their intelligence as their main weapon.
- Status: Shut Down
- Business Model: Free to Play
- Developer: IGG
- Publisher: IGG
- Category: Stand-alone
- Genre(s): 2D, MMO, RPG, Sci-Fi
- Platforms: PC
Editor's Score: 3/5
- +Plenty of quests to complete.
- +Unique mercenary system.
- +Simple and effective user-friendly interface.
- -Only three classes.
- -PvP restricted until level 40.
- -Little end game content.
- -Little character customization options.
- Recommended System Requirements:
- OS: Windows XP, Vista
- CPU: P4 1.6GHz or above
- RAM: 512MB or above
- GPU: GF4, 32MB or more
- HDD: 2GB
Articles You May Enjoy
- MyDream: Interview with Project Manager Michael Lynch
- Without any further ado, my interview on what to expect from the MyDream title and their developers!
- Age of Wonders 3 First Look and RMG Dev Blog
- Triumph Studios is nearing full launch of their magical tactical empire builder, Age of Wonders 3, and offers a deeper look inside their rando...
- Age of Wonders 3 Preview
- Can you feel it? Magic is flowing in the ether for the first time in an era. No not that D&D nonsense the dwarves entertain with in dark t...