PAX East Day 1 Preview – The Calm Before the Storm
It’s now one hour prior to the doors opening in Boston for the 2013 PAX East Convention! I’m in the scene (DizzyPW) leading the charge with Ardua, Leliah, JamesBl0nde, and Bowen (our largest convention content team ever!).
Today is kicking off with Blizzard’s early morning press reveal and Leliah and Ardua hitting up the Indie Mega Booth to get a look at The Repopulation and plenty of other surprises that really make PAX East so unique!
Next up Leliah and Ardua will be hitting the invite-only Bethesda booth to go hands on with The Elder Scrolls Online while I take a peak at the upcoming DLC for Dishonored.
Meanwhile James and Bowen will be meeting with HiRez’s Tod Harris to talk about what’s coming in their latest hit MOBA SMITE and snag some Kali keys for an upcoming giveaway! On the other end of the spectrum I’ll be covering what’s new with Riot Games’ League of Legends. Here’s hoping for an epic new PAX skin this year for more giveaways!
Then it’s onto the FireFall event that’s sure to change the game in a big way!
And then finally we get our MMOHuts First Look at Carbine Studio’s WildStar! Be sure to check back late tonight for a quick recap of the day’s events and keep an eye out for our upcoming editorial coverage at OnRPG and MMOHuts!
Games mentioned in this article
- Elder Scrolls Online - The Elder Scrolls Online is a fantasy MMORPG from Zenimax Online Studios and Bethesda Softworks based on the popular Elder Scrolls series. The game takes place during the Age of Heroes, 1,000 years before the events of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and will feature classic regions of the Tamriel game world, including Morrowind, Daggerfall, and Skyrim. The Elder Scrolls Online will have solo and group questing, public dungeons, guilds, and massive PvP warfare that sets the game's three player factions against one another for control over the region of Cyrodiil and the throne of Tamriel.
- SMITE - Snag a first look at SMITE, a mythology themed MOBA from Hi-Rez Studios.
- League Of Legends - With an ever-expanding roster of champions, frequent updates and a thriving tournament scene, League of Legends offers endless re-playability for players of every skill level.
- FireFall - FireFall is a 3D Sci-Fi MMO Shooter with team based gameplay. Set in a persistent world, FireFall takes place 200 years in Earth's future.
- WildStar - WildStar is a SciFi World exploration game that brings in a mixed feel from games such as Borderlands and with artstyle similar to the Ratchet and Clank series. Although not much is released in terms of features, Carbine Studios plans to do a major revealing at PAX Prime at the end of August to reveal this game more openly to the world.